Tuesday 16 November 2010

Barry M Products Inspired Look: Autumn Forest at Night

A dark and daring look.  Obviously one for the more adventurous girl.

Being a very typical girlie girl I love pinks and purples and anything that sparkles, glitters or shines.  Naturally one of my favourite make up brands is Barry M, I am a hoarder of their eye shadows.  I just can’t resist, every time I go into Superdrug I get hypnotised by the shiny baubles that are their Dazzle Dusts.

I am also in love with this time of year, autumn is perfect in my opinion.  The colours of autumn just take my breath away.  I am experiencing all over again the joy of leaves crunching under foot, wearing my cosy scarves and watching the landscape change.  I’m a very lucky girl in that I recently moved to Suffolk where autumn is all the more beautiful.  I grew up in Greater London and the country parks there offered up only a tenth of the beauty I can see just from my little bedroom window.


So of course I had to incorporate these two loves into the makeup look for my 1st blog post.I took the plumy shades of drying leaves, the grey from the darker clouds of autumn and created a fun eyeliner design for the bare trees.  As the shades used were quite dark this look couldn’t be anything other than a night-time look, therefore, extra drama was required.  This was achieved simply by lining both the tightline and waterline.

To achieve this look you will need:


Moisturiser, I use Olay Beauty Fluid (let it sink in before putting on foundation)
Foundation, I use E.L.F. Mineral Foundation (Fair (not pictured)) with E.L.F. powder brush
Concealer, I use E.L.F. Mineral Concealer (Fair) with E.L.F. concealer brush
(N.B. Do your foundation after you have done your eyes so that you don’t need to worry about fall out from the loose eye shadow)
Eye shadow primer, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Rust for a colour base
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Mushroom (51)
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Fig (55)
A good eye shadow brush, the Barry M one “ain’t arlf” bad
A Black Liquid Liner, I used Wet n’ Wild liquid eyeliner
A soft black eyeliner pencil, I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
A plum pencil liner, I used E.L.F. Brightening Eye Liner in Plum
A black mascara, I used E.L.F. Mineral Infused Mascara
And for the lips I applied some lip balm, let that sink in and then put over the top the Barry M Lip Paint in Vintage Rose (152)

To create this look:

Start by applying the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Rust on the lid and blending it out.
Then over the top of the Rust pack the Barry M Dazzle Dust no.51 from the inner corner of the eye to across 2/3rds of the lid.
Next place the Barry M Dazzle Dust no.55 on the outer corner and blend into the crease and wing it out slightly.
Line the eye with black liquid eyeliner.
Do not wing it out, but use that same liner to trace a very rough outline of tree branches, keeping within the no.55 Dazzle Dust.
Line your tightline and waterline with a soft black eyeliner pencil.
Line the lower lashline with a plum eyeliner pencil and cover with the no.51 Dazzle Dust.


Finished!
Gina xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment