Thursday 18 November 2010

The Body Shop Products Inspired Look: Clear Blue Ocean at Dusk

Hello!

Another bold coloured look for you today.

I have blue eyes, so this is a look that doesn’t really do them justice, however, I don’t care because the natural colours which would make my eyes pop are just too boring to use every day so I take any excuse to play with colour.

Therefore, when I drove alongside the sea, whilst on a driving lesson to Felixstowe, I couldn’t help but keep glancing at the sea to watch the sunlight make it glitter, so voila, my take on how the sea looks at dusk.
Just to meander a second, I love, love love driving and I cannot wait to get my license because I have come to realise that if you can’t drive in Suffolk then you are basically left stranded in a field.



As you can see in my various different product lists, I covet Barry M and E.L.F. to the point where my make up collection is made up of very little else.

I have only recently graduated from University and am still in that horrible stage between student and employment.  Fingers crossed I get a job soon.  In the meantime I am on a very tight budget.  Thankfully, I was a t-total student so I still have some monies left over from my student loan, however, that is dwindling fast due to the extortionate price of driving lessons.  Still, when Barry M and E.L.F facebook pages post offers and free shipping codes I can’t resist to grab a bargain.
To create this look you will need:
Moisturiser: I used Soap and Glory’s Clear Here Daily Moisture Lotion
Concealer: I used E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter with E.L.F. Concealer brush
Foundation: I used E.L.F. Mineral Foundation (Fair (not pictured)) with E.L.F. Powder Brush
Primer: I used Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Pacific
The Body Shop Baked Mineral Eye Shadow in Sapphire
Eye shadow Brush: I used The Body Shop eye shadow blender brush
E.L.F. Brightening Eye Liner in Midnight
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals in POW! (10)
E.L.F. Mineral Infused Mascara
Barry M Lip Paint in Coral (53)
I’m a ditz.  Not only am I a ditz, I’m a slow ditz.  An old primary school teacher used to say “If Gina goes any slower she’ll stop”.  In fact there was this one time as a child when mum was able to get out of the car, take the shopping into the house and lock the car before I had even unbuckled my seatbelt :-S

With that in mind, my skin care routine is basically non-existent.  Therefore, whenever I bother to apply make up (that’s right, it’s not a daily occurrence) I make a point of always having a good cleanse and moisturise beforehand.  I have also found that moisturiser works quite well as a foundation base, particularly for powder foundations.  However, I don’t slap on my foundation straight afterwards, I like to let the moisturiser sink in first, so I tend to do my eye make-up whilst I wait.  This also means that I don’t have to worry about eye shadow fall out because I can wipe it away before I put my foundation on.

So on to the eyes; priming is key, using an eye primer means that you can save a fortune on eye shadow.  I don’t own a single high end brand eye shadow because I can get great results from much cheaper brands.  Next create a colour base by applying NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk to the inner corner and then the other NYX Jumbo Pencil in Pacific to the outer corner and blend the two together in the middle.   
Over this colour base, pack on the lighter blue shade from The Body Shop Baked Eye Shadow in Sapphire.  Whilst doing so create a wavy shape by only placing it on the lid and blending out into a small flicked wing.
Now blend in the darker blue shade to the outer corner and line the eyes in dark blue.
Cover this liner with the Collection 2000 Glam Crystals in POW!  You should only need one coat as this glitter liner is packed with glitter.   
Also, apply the dark blue pencil liner to the bottom lash line and the waterline.
That’s it for the eyes, now the moisturiser should be well and truly sunk in, so clear up any mistakes or fall out ready to apply your foundation and concealer in whatever order you prefer.
As I’m using a mineral power foundation and a creamy liquid concealer, I concealed first and then applied my foundation to avoid cakey-ness (mmmm cake)
I’ve decided that from now on my foundation of choice will most likely always be a mineral one, I haven’t used many foundations but I have used all the different types and my skin always feels the most soft when I use mineral foundations.  I use E.L.F.s mineral foundation as it is the best-cheapest version of Bare Minerals that I have found so far.
Finally apply your favourite coral lipstick.   I have very pigmented lips, and so most coral lipsticks turn to more of a pink/coral shade, which is actually quite a good thing for me as I’m not as daring with my lipsticks as I am with my eye shadow.  I can’t help but find pure coral shades to be a little frighteningly unnatural.  But remember that’s just my opinion.

Finito!
Gina xxx

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen this one last nice. What a pretty shade. It's electrifying. Loving the blues. You blended it so well. Nice Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry typing error(last night)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete